Future proof your career by joining one of the most in demand professions- nursing!
As an enrolled nurse you can make a difference in a range of health care settings including hospitals, health clinics, community organisations or residential care.
This Diploma will teach you how to be an Enrolled nurse by providing skills and knowledge in human biology, chemistry, medical terminology, medicines and how to deal with a range of people from different backgrounds.
You will gain skills that are relevant to current industry trends and practices and on completion you will be able to:
- Assist in the provision of preventative, curative and rehabilitative nursing
- Understand anatomy and physiology
- Understand and implement infection control
- Provide nursing care for the client
- Understand legal and ethical parameters
- Promote positive health
- Understand health issues of Indigenous Australians
- Contribute to the nutritional and mental health care of the clients
Entry to the Diploma of Nursing is very competitive. As part of an application for this course you will be required to sit and pass a 2 hour test on literacy and numeracy. This course has a mandatory work placement component that all students must complete.