Plan an IT career with high employability prospects
When you complete the Certificate IV in Information Technology (System Administration Support) you will gain career enhancing knowledge and skills to support a wide range of growing information technology fields.
You will be an attractive applicant for in-demand roles such as ICT systems administration and support, helpdesk technician, maintenance engineer and network administration.
Gain these skills:
- Hardware and software support, and performance issues
- Installing and managing local and cloud servers
- Systems support, administration and security
- ICT helpdesk service policies and procedures
- Networking security and vulnerability management
- All SM TAFE certificate IV IT qualifications include core skills of programming, ethics and privacy, cyber risk management, critical thinking, new technology research, teamwork and client support.
Specialist facilities on-campus
The Centre for IT Excellence (CITE) at both the Thornlie and Rockingham campuses provides state of the art, industry relevant training in information technology and creative media. Available pathways are from foundation studies to advanced diploma with specialist training in networking, cyber security, systems support, cloud engineering and programming.
Our state-of-the-art Training Cyber Security Operations Centre (TCSOC) at Murdoch provides a secure training environment designed to simulate realistic cyber-attacks relating to attack, defence and monitoring. The TCSOC provides a multi-campus centre based in Murdoch with ‘nodes’ at Thornlie and Rockingham campuses in order for all IT students to experience this leading edge training.